Feb 21, 2011

Bowties w/ bacon & tomatoes

The beginning of last week I bought this recipe book I saw at the checkout in Walmart. Yea, I am one of those suckers that put that stuff out for! I always end up finding something else to buy while standing in line. It's a Pillsbury recipe card thing that has like 72 recipes in it. And most of them look pretty damn good. I decided to make this one pretty much because I had everything for it already and it was really simple. That is always a plus with 2 kids running around! I thought it was pretty good so here it is:

Bowties w/ bacon & tomatoes:
  • 4 slices bacon, cut into 1 inch pieces (I used more than 4but I love me some bacon)
  • 1 medium onion, finely chopped (1/2 cup)
  • 1 can diced tomatoes w/ roasted garlic and onions, undrained
  • 1 3/4 cups chicken broth
  • 3 cups uncooked bowtie pasta (6 oz)
  • 1/8 teaspoon pepper

In 12 inch skillet, cook bacon over medium-high heat 8 to 10 min, stirring frequently until browned. Reduce heat to medium. Add onion, cook 2 to 3 min stirring frequently until tender. Stir in tomatoes, uncooked pasta and pepper. Heat to boiling over high heat. Reduce heat to medium, cook uncovered 10 to 12 min stirring occasionally until pasta is tender and mixture is as thick as you like.

*The texture of the pasta will be a bit firmer because it is cooked in the tomato liquid.

ENOJY!

No comments: