May 29, 2010

fishing and happy meals

I thought today I was going to get a relaxing day all to myself. Lyndon was going fishing with his daddy. And I was going to get groceries (yea I know, on Memorial Day weekend! How insane do I have to be) and do some house work that I cant really get done with Lyndon here. Then relax the rest of the day! Atleast that was the plan. So after getting up and making the boys blueberry pancakes, cleaning the kitchen up and getting a quick shower, we headed to Wal-mart to get a few things they needed to go fishing..like snacks and a small ice crest because my girly polka-dotted cooler bag was just not acceptable for someone to have in his boat. Then we had to get shinners from the bait shop and gas for the boat then more gas for the boat because he refuses to just fill the boat up on his way to the lake....and oh my God it's never ending! Finally, they get everything ready and leave!!!! And my relaxation can begin. So I thought! I figured I should make a shopping list and somewhat meal plan for the week so I wouldnt be in the store ALL day. Just as I get that finished, I get a phone call. Apparently Lyndon wanted to come home. He was tired of fishing and wanted mommy. It had only been an hour!!!! Now considering how excited and happy he was that he was going fishing with Daddy, I'm not sure how believable that is. I think someone else was getting aggravated and wanted Lyndon to go home! But whatever, I agreed to come get him. And the whole way home all I heard was 'I wanna go fishing with my daddy'. Ahh 3 year-olds! So I got him a Happy Meal which quieted him for a while and told him daddy would take him again tomorrow. So much for a day to myself....

{Its a bit shaky because we were in the car but its still cute!}

No comments: